Wednesday, February 14, 2018

On a night when... Well, no. That just sounds odd, don't it, when we're in the middle of the Olympis season. Like I need my "movie announcer voice" to bring the big effect home.

Nope, no drama to the day, really. Work work work, busy busy busy. Sort of like that, it was one of those days where I went from project to project. Next thing I knew, it was time to head home.

I did finish the current story, Heavy Shadows complete at about 4600 words total. I think I mentioned that I'd reached the point in the story where nerves as 'writer' kicked in. I'm still in love with the story, and now that I can look back after typing The End for it, I love the setup and payoff and the space between even more.

And, well, I hope that you the reader love it when I get it up and out there into the great beyond. But I had the fun of writing it.

I'm through the initial formatting setup for the novel manuscript for Foggy Dew. That's the basic finish copyedits=> set up for e-book and printed versions. The cover work to go along with it begins tomorrow. Which is always fun, because now I get to remember where I put the master image file that I have in mind. There are some parts of the organization game that are ahead of others. The directory structure for my images isn't one of them.

There, I'm afraid I'm still something of a magpie. It'll get there, that's the learning part of the gig. Time and escavation wait for noone.

Right, anything else before I sign off? Oh, something that tickles me, even though I'm probably just dreaming. But, I find on searching that I've never discussed this on the blog. Therefore...

I have a Theory About River Song! for the Doctor Whovians among the audience.

Well, no. I have a theory about the *writing* of River Song, and something that may be involved in Steven Moffat's conception of her. Specifically: Go listen to Van Morrison's "Crazy Love", and then find the lyrics and take a look at the verses again. I'll quote the first verse an example.

quoting:

  I can hear her heartbeat, from a thousand miles,
   And the heavens open, every time she smiles.
  And when I come to her, that's where I belong,
   Yet I'm running to her, like a river's song.

    (she give me love, love, love,
     crazy love... etc.)

Ok, fine, it just may be a coincidence, that you can wrap a great deal of the Doctor's perception of River around this song, and River's view of him.

But if it is a coincidence, I don't wanna know. I'd rather think that Moffat's a genius on this... Hey, writers have to stick together, even wee junior writers sticking up for the big dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.