Friday, February 2, 2018

I thought for a while that I was going to finish "Opening Bid"(with part 6 posted below) tonight. But
I realized that the ending, while apparent, isn't something I can just polish
off with a couple hundred words and done.

Sort of the way the story has gone from the beginning. It has its own pace
for me. Its own voice, and damned if they, Ernie and the lady yet unnamed
(don't be fooled by the name painted on the outside of her trailer. That's
just for the rubes in line. But then, I don't think you'd be surprised, at
this point, to know that she protects her name. Yes, even from me so far.)

Ernie has his moment coming. I know that, and so does he. I wonder still, at
this point, how he's going to come to it. What makes him, drives him, to the
point in his life that's beginning to come clear? Let's find out, you and me
together. Tomorrow night, I think.

Though fair warning. She's been tested before. They're gone, she's still
here. One way or another, I don't think we've heard the last from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.