Monday, February 19, 2018

I finished Motivated Reasons today, complete at about 3300 words. It was a little bit of a different end than I expected; rather, the writing part of the end was different. There wasn't that *pause*, hey, I know how this ends *pause*... put in some measure of words... *pause for a day* finish.

Everything compressed today, and I just went write through (not sorry) to the end in about a 1300 word day. I figured I'd start seeing things like that, it's what I have some feeling for from other instinct training paths. I don't expect it to happen consistently yet. But it's also a nice thing to know and remember, when the work gets hard.

That's the other part of working on instincts, the part where I have some memory, some idea that it's going somewhere I'm familiar with. Not in strict terms, just the process path, the idea that 'if I just sit down and do, it'll come'.

For the Foggy Dew manuscript, I've got cover, formatting, back matter, so tomorrow I'll be working on posting it to the etailers. I don't yet know whether it'll be like with San Angelo and Badlands, more likely this time I'll be focusing on getting Foggy Dew as something a bit more coherent.

No promises of course. But that's cool. The key element here is to get it up and
get it available for you to read. (You being the reader generally, depending, time being a flexible concept in this here internets era; you and me we're having a telepathic conversation across both time and space)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.