Saturday, February 3, 2018

And it's done. Opening Bid part 7, posted below.

Not that she's done. But this story's found its end. I hope you enjoyed it.

'Cause lord knows I did. This was an absolute blast. Just telling the stories are fun, no matter how it turns out. But putting up a daily story, part of the larger, performing if you will, now that was an added part of the fun.

Now, I've learned a couple things. I'm thinking it'll be a bit before I repeat the experiment of daily serial, but I know that I'm not done doing it. Let's face it, this was sort of the digital equivalent of the story round a campfire.

I remember seeing a few different times over the years, especially in fan fiction circles, but plenty of others, where writers put up their story chapters, night after night, in similar fashion. If you've ever done it yourself, I raise a glass to you, this playing without a net is exhilarating and tough, but most of all fun.

As for my next project? Well, in the immediate, I have a short story and a novella, set in my Open Wounds series between the first book and the second book. I'm in the midst of the publication nuts and bolts, formatting, back matter, etc. So my daily blog work for the next little while will focus on getting those up.

As well, I've a fair few other finished stories in the queue, both long form and short form. Those again are my daily publishing steps, so I'll be busy for a while. The long form, I think I've got at least two (nope, missed one, it's actually three. I forgot about a sciFi...) novels coming up, those are pretty straightforward. The two shorter works for Open Wounds, but I've got a few short stories, mystery, fantasy, sciFi. Some of those I'll format for putting up with the novels myself, others I think I'll be sending in to the short fiction markets.

Don't know which ones, I'll probably make it up as I go along. That way, publication is as fun as I can make it, just as with the writing.

And there's the real fun. I have some writing goals for the year. Here, near term, I'm playing day to day, short stories. I want to dive into a few branches I've put myself out on, both in the worlds of the novels that'll be coming, as well as in some other worlds that are either short stories only so far, or worlds yet to come. We'll see what happens after that, as far as longer works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.