Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ah, formatting. I'm working on the copyedits/formatting/cover etc. for my
next story to publish. It's a novel that's technically in the same universe
as the Open Wounds series, but many many years before the events in Meg's
stories.

The novel's title is "Through the Foggy Dew", and it's the first book in
the Old Empire series.

As you might guess, this is the story of the empire that was, reconstructed from
a memory by Megan's era, when power both political and magical allowed it.

There are powers long lost, in the dim mists of time, ancient whispers,
thoughts, dreams. Places where the Fae still dwell, trolls with bridges
to hide under.

Dragons with secretive hiding places.

Philisophers endeavoring to knit all of these powers into a coherent story.

Into an Empire? Perhaps. Or perhaps, instead, into a story of protection, of
dreams hidden away from the nightmare of power gone awry.

Hey, that's a pretty good start. I'll need to remember that when it's time
to put together the back copy...

My writing for the day went well, I'm up to about 3900 words on Heavy
Shadows.

And naturally enough, now I'm nervous. I love the character, the point of
view, the challenge he's facing. Enough to be enthralled and headfirst into
it now three days in a row.

But I'm still just a bit nervous. That's ok. It means I'm learning, as well
as having a lot of fun with the story. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.