Saturday, February 10, 2018

And now Badlands and San Angelo are available at all of the distribution points that I currently work with. Yay!

Kobo, Nook, Smashwords, Lulu, Draft2Digital, and Amazon ebooks for all, and paper for Badlands through Amazon at the time of writing; provisionally some experiment with paper through Nook is possible, but at the moment I think it more likely that I'll wait 'til later to continue playing with that option.

Cool. I know it likely seems dragged out, but I'm still learning processes, at several levels. Everything seemed to go well, but there's little things like Lulu wanting a more restricted sales copy/description than the others, and more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment. No big deal generally, so next time I'll probably feel a little more comfortable doing more of them together than I did this time. That, and it had been long enough since I'd done it last that I felt a little better taking my baby steps through the process.

On writing, I finished Provisional today, it's about 4200 words total, and it was another ending that snuck up on me. Mostly, what I'm finding with short stories at the current point and time is that there's a magic point in the story setup, and it can show up at different times and places, where the logic of the story, the setting, the characters, all reach up and merge, and tell you what the story is, precisely.

And then, the ending just fits. The story has its own life, its own logic and language, and when it does, there's really only one way it can go.

It's really very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.