Monday, February 26, 2018

Nothing much major today, it was one of those where my brain recognized we had a hole in the schedule, signaled it, and we both decided it was a chance for a semi-quiet day (i.e. reading, thinking, notes and such for the day gig, but nothing heavy lifting wise.)

I thought at first I'd probably have the same to say about fiction, but then an idea reached out and bit me on my way home. I blame Dave Grohl... well, that particular Foo Fighters song, anyway. And no, the idea doesn't much have anything to do with the song, but the timing set off a free association that landed me on...

Well, I'll just put this right here. I doubt it'll much matter, but just in case: Guys (you, you, you, and especially you), you're probably gonna think this song's (er, story's) about you. It's not. I've changed the names, and clearly none of what happened could have happened in real life.

Um, except for that part, well and maybe that, and... ok, the plot's different.

I regret nothing! And, I hope when it's ready everybody gets a giggle out of it.

The story's called The Wolf in Taos Valley, and I'm about four hundred words into it so far.

And any accidental overlap with real life is purely coincidental. Any suggestion otherwise is base slander meant by my friends to try and make me feel guilty for stealing a great straight line...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.