Friday, July 27, 2018

It's a Friday, ain't it? And I've finished my time with my story for today, I've some free time ahead of me before the return to the daily gig grind, all in all a good day.

Not grind, though it'll have its moments. I'm going through some changes in the day gig; the big change is big enough to turn what had been a grind into a new challenge. I'll be traveling more for that, but it's really only a dozen or so times a year, roughly, so even that isn't much of a travel schedule. I'm looking forward to the challenge of the new position.

Not least because those travel periods, combined with the way I'll working, will still give me my story writing time. The way I figure it, if Dean Smith and Kris Rusch can run a retail store and publishing company (i.e., they've got day gigs) and still put out good copy every day, then I can handle my day gig, as well.

And keep working on my words per day. I've got my goal there, for increasing the number by the end of the year. The new schedule should make it accessible, once I get through the transition period. Another benefit of the change, I'll still be in front of the computer every day, but the number of reports I'll need to write should drop.

So, words of nonfiction go down, words of fiction go up. That's the hope and the goal, doable if I do my part, and this is in addition to the personal time and increase in words. And the day hours are still for something I love doing.

I'm pretty excited about the way this opens up new vistas for me, in both sides of my life, here in the twilight world of storyland and the daytime world of the day gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.