Thursday, July 19, 2018

I forgot to mention this yesterday. One of the things I've taken from Dean Smith's writing is the idea of going back through each day's work, cycling, getting up to speed while making the little typo fixes. At the moment, it's basically a way to get the story inside my head each day, while cleaning the copy and making sure I didn't drop anything that I might want to use later.

The story I'm working on, I'd walked away after a couple days' work, thinking "ah, now I see what the ending should be", and then yesterday cycling up, working up to that last thousand, maybe two thousand words at most...

I realized that that wasn't in the cards.

Not that it turned into a novel. Perhaps double the original length? I hesitate still to guess what the total is going to be; it's already twisted on me once, there's no need to call the muse's attention too closely. We'll let it ride then, and see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.