Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Yesterday I had an interesting accidental writing exercise. I've done something similar before; basically, we had an extra hour to kill between dropping our daughter off for marching band practice, and then the volunteer shift where the parents come in to hand out the bits and pieces of gear necessary to the marching band's season. The way it worked out, we sat in the parking lot listening to them warm up and go through their initial setup.

And I dug out the laptop to get in another few words on the current story. It's a pleasant way to wile away an hour. I didn't have a book handy, I could have called up a few on my phone but digging back into the story sounded more immediate to the needs of the day. So I dove in and gave it a whirl.

It's a lot of fun, especially if you can get the angle of the sun right, compared to the screen. Though it is still August...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.