Sunday, August 5, 2018

With a few variations, this is the first week where I'll get an idea of what my schedule will play like under my new regime. Go into the office parts of the week, do my thing for the day, come back to the house. Then the other parts of the week devoted to work from home or travel, depending.

The time at home is my modeling time, my quiet space that's meant to allow me to not be in the midst of the day to day stuff that goes on in the office. Small protections, but a big part of my job in the current day gig setup is to look out and forward and consider what might happen. Plan ahead, pull streams of data together and map out the space between.

And then on my travel weeks, it's the time to recover and put what I learned in traveling into data form.

As you might also notice, yes there's space for fiction writing there. It's like things were for me in my previous schedule, but a bit less regimented. That schedule was much more one resembling 8 to 5, though the daily commute ate up a larger part of my time. The commute when I'm in the office will be about the same, with more overall flexibility.

The long and the short of it is that I feel comfortable committing to my word goals for the rest of the year. Assuming nothing else comes up, but that applies to any schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.