Sunday, March 25, 2018

I put in a few words today, but really it was a day to basically sit on the couch watching the Vet Life. We've been watching the three docs and their adventures since they started up, though this year's episodes have been waiting on the streaming for us to catch up to them.

I feel for anybody, animal or human medical field, it's fun and rewarding, but there's always that lurking knowledge. The ones you can't save. From this side of the camera, all I can do is sympathize, but you can see around the edges when they're running it through their minds.

Mostly though the Vet Life docs and the t.v. show side of it do a good job of showing their camaraderie and good humor. I'd imagine that their clinic is a pretty good place to work.

On the other side of life? Nothing in particular, with A Wolf... I'm still being surprised by the story. Enjoyable surprises, too, not the kind that make me want to throw my own story out and start over again.

Here, it was a moment where I thought the interstitial moment was serving one purpose, when it fact it turned out to be there for a different reason entirely. One I didn't quite recognize 'til I was at the end and my fingers refused to put in the words that my conscious mind said should go there. Instead, I wrapped it up in a different way.

And recognized what I had put in.

I'm being deliberately vague here, and I know that's probably a little maddening. In essence, what happened is that I subsconsciously inserted a brief type of moment from another genre, in particular from a particular type of thriller. It's especially from a certain type of movie thriller and the novels and scripts associated with them. I have a couple of other such moments in the story so far, but this one surprised me because I wasn't expecting it here.

I'm thinking now that I know why... the question being how to take advantage of it. Hmm. I suspect that my protagonists are going to have a busy time ahead of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.