Monday, March 26, 2018

(a bit of doggerel to send off the day)

It being a work day, I set off through the garage this morning, where I tripped over an allegory someone had left out.

I tried to stuff it under an old polemic, but there wasn't room. While I was looking for a place to hide the silly thing, I slipped on a tangent, slid through the detritus of various digressions, smack into an old soapbox.

When a cabinet full of lost similes and metaphors collapsed on me. Desparate to find someplace a little less crowded, someplace I could recover my focus and train of thought, I crawled out through the mouth of madness into the winds of change.

Exhausted, I collapsed into my driver's seat and set out for someplace nice, safe, and quiet: the Courts of Chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.