Monday, April 16, 2018

This was another one of those Mondays, the kind where the morning disappeared
due to administrivia at the day gig. This was the kind that went "head off
to deal with parking for a couple hours first thing I get there". Which is
what it is, but in this case I was wondering how much of my writing day I'd
lose in the bargain.

Just from the disruption, really. I'll be the first to admit that, however
much I might think and hope that my habits have been well-built, there are
times when the mind throws it off and refuses to cooperate.

And my first writing pass on Peace Offering looked, felt like it was gonna
be one of those days. It was to the point where I was contemplating how
many words I'd have to ditch tomorrow.

But the alchemy of the work took over, and I looked up at the end of my last
writing pass (at this point, I tend to work in small chunks throughout the
day, think of it as taking my breaks by pouring out fiction) and I'd put in
another 1300 words to get up to about 9800 total on the project so far.

Huh. And then I got the next passage of That First Gig, part 5 is coming as
the next post after this one. So, not too shabby of a Monday after all.

Didn't get much of anything done on the copyedits for The Boyar's Curse, so
that's my week ahead of me on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.