Wednesday, April 25, 2018

And so that's that for That First Gig. All in all, I'm happy with it. Unlike with my Opening Bid story from a couple months ago, this one I went into with malice aforethought; meaning, I knew at least some idea of what I was getting into.

I didn't really have an idea about where the story was going at all. That's the fun part, I just dove into it and waited to see how it went. There were a couple of things that I sort of expected to happen that didn't, a couple surprises along the way.

And I had fun doing it the whole way. Hopefully, so did you. I'm not sure yet when I'll do it again, right now my brain wants to focus on the next book to go out to the online retailers, The Boyar's Curse. I've got the cover and the back copy, I'm in the middle of formatting.

So at least for the next few nights I'll work my way through that process, and I'll put up the bits and pieces as I go. I've got a couple of chapters in the book that should work pretty well as excerpts, so I'm going to experiment with doing that, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.