Thursday, April 5, 2018

I finished the manuscript for A Wolf in Taos Valley today, it came in at just over 27000 words, so it's solidly into the novella category. I was wondering there for a while if it was going to end up heading into the novel range, even though I hadn't really thought at the beginning that it was likely to, but then when I got to around the 25000 word mark or so, the ending and the setup for it came out naturally.

I'm not quite sure of the queue for sending it out to the world. I know I have two longer works ahead of it, so maybe June? That sounds right, but there may be another that I'm forgetting.

That sounds weird, but all it really means is that I don't have my directories and lists in front of me here, and don't feel like hunting for them at the moment. I know I've got a good lineup ahead of me, and regular production for most of the next year in terms of putting up stories for sale. That's the important part at the moment.

Onward and upward, as the commercial has it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.