Friday, April 13, 2018

So, the next part of That First Gig will be posted as the next post.

Otherwise, a standard Friday, I'm up to about 6100 words on Peace Offering,
and it's still moving along. Since I've had mostly shorter stories over the
past couple months, I was wondering how the transition to a longer work would
feel. Whether I'd stumble over it, or if it would feel like I'm padding
something out just because I jumped into it "knowing" this one was a novel
length idea. But no, the rhythm is there.

Practice, I guess. Learning the ropes, how to write into the dark, as Dean
Smith would have it. It's not far from the way I started, so when I first
read him talk about it, I could glimpse the idea as a real thing, not just
something another writer was saying as some kind of abstract practice I
couldn't keep up with.

Now it's just... doing it. Having fun, and embracing that I when I sit down
here at the keyboard, even just for a few minutes at a time,
that's when the fun really begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.