Saturday, April 7, 2018

Another brief post, and no story writing today. Not because I didn't want to, but this was a day generally inconducive to that. It was a road trip day, to visit family who were throwing a bit of a spring shindig.

So, get up early, drive three hours, eat lunch, visit, get to see everybody, then get back on the road and head back again to be back for the dogs and cats.

Not too bad, really. At one time, we'd have spent the night, but the four legged members of the family have their time needs as well.

That's the life sometimes. I am glad that we got to visit and it not be one of the assortment of tragic reasons.

The way I describe my family is that, we're not a big family, we just all happen to have stayed close. I may have said that before, the detail is that I was the fifth generation when I was born, my great-great grandparents were still alive, though they passed within a year or so after I was born. When my daughter was born, on the same side she was also part of the fifth generation, she was the third of that generation, and my great grandmother lived until our daughter was about 13 or so, and there a handful more added.

The family's getting larger now, but at least for my generation and older we're all still pretty close. By the time my daughter gets to my age, they won't be, simply because there are now so many of them, but it's still pretty remarkable to me that we made it so long. There's been a few splintering off events, but otherwise the group of us still manage to all get together in a single house without any trouble at all. It's a pretty interesting experience.

Interesting, but not quiet at all. And definitely not quiet enough to write. Ce la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.