Friday, June 29, 2018

We're on a personal travel day, today, headed up to about as close as you can get to that Ol' Red River without falling over into it. I haven't been up to visit my relatives in that part of the state for, oh... well it's been a lot longer than I like to admit.

Mostly, because my grandfather moved away, down to his/our part of the country, and then my grandmother only moved back a few years ago. So for the longest time, there wasn't any personal reason to go back. Now that she's back kicking around in "South Oklahoma" (couldn't resist), the timing's right for us to take a weekend trip.

Well, except for the part where it'll be a 105 degrees in the shade. Such is life in Hell's foyer.

I'm planning on doing some writing along the way, how much or how little remains to be seen, but after finishing up the last novel a couple weeks ago, this is the start of my next practice cycle. Even if it's just a few hundred words tomorrow morning while everyone else is asleep, a start's a start and I'll take it how I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.