Wednesday, June 27, 2018

In one sense, this is horribly dated, but I just found the book: Clive Barker, may I say thank you for Mister B. Gone? I ran into it by complete accident, browsing a bookstore for a couple reads for myself on top of my daughter's pile.

And it was an absolute blast of a read. I smiled from page one all the way to the end, in simple joy at a story well told. I hope it was as much fun for you to write as it was for me to read. Thank you, sir.

For my fellow newbie writers a bornin', when I looked up the publication date for Mister B. Gone (2007), the finding of it made me smile too. It doesn't matter really when a reader stumbles over it (and this was a new bookstore, not used), that a book's out there and waiting for its reader, that's the simplest of magic we're after. The only request we can make to the book gods as we send our stories on their way is that it be there under the reader's hand when they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.