Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Ah, the joys of the lightbulb moment (when the lightbulb goes off and the idea you're working on becomes clear). I had two of those today, in too completely different areas, one fiction and one for a day-gig project.

The fiction one has to do with the end game in Peace Offer. Don't have a clue yet how it's going to resolve, even this close to the finish line, but I know it's there, waiting for me to find out what on earth I just stumbled into. This book I can't really figure, even now, but I know it's a joy every day to sit down with it and discover where it's going.

The joys of the lightbulb moment: the A-Ha!, the Oh boy this is gonna be a ride... and then there's the Holy Crap what did I just stumble into?

The open vista, the anticipation of sliding down it... and then occasionally the discovery that there's a cliff at the end of the ride, am I ready to spread my arms and flap like hell when I go over?

Yes, yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.