Thursday, January 31, 2019

Today's writing task for me turned out to be an example of something I mentioned yesterday. Basically, this bit of the story in progress turned out to be a version of a scene that I've turned over in the back of my mind for some time now.

This was the first time I've tackled it. At the end, I realized a couple things. One, that I'd done what I could with where I am as a writer, and that's what it is. I hope I've done the thing, and the characters, justice. But I leave it here.

Knowing damned well I'll come back to the subject again. Sometime somewhere, probably in an entirely different context, but it'll show up again, I feel certain. Again, just because my mind is like a dog with a bone. When I find some idea, some concern, some image, one of the good ones that lasts through many different considerations and turnovers and differing points of view, just like my dogs with their favorite bones there's always another chance to gnaw it over again.

Of course I realize I'm being vague. Know the best part of reading a writer's ruminations on this kind of thing? Soon enough the story will be out and you'll get a chance to ponder whether and when and how this little exercise made its appearance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.