Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Had one of those conversations today that just didn't go anywhere. Too much of a divide to bridge, in terms of where everyone started.

Personally, it was worth it, simply because I had to keep coming back to think about where I'd gone off track, and keep from turning muleheaded. Admittedly, for me this isn't a far trip.

The real thing, after the dust settled and everyone agreed to disagree, was that something else occurred to me; that's the part of me-as-writer that asks, "Now what did you learn, what did you hear, what did you see? What did you observe?"

Ultimately, it'll come out somewhere somewhen, in a story. Probably in several stories, because I'll gnaw at it, and all the other little things I've seen/heard/done/observed in moving through this thing called life. Put them together take them apart, in order out of order and in as many different ways as I can.

Not to solve anything, or to not solve anything. Rather to build and think, and most of all tell new stories from new points of view as best I can.

The real reason no particular story, at least from my point of view, can capture a writer's point of view. Because if the writer's really working at it, really thinking and engaging, that point of view is formless and void and ever-changing, always reworked. At least for some things, if not all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.