Thursday, February 15, 2018

An interesting day for me, busy and head down again on the daily grind. I deliberately made myself not write fiction today.

Of course, I admit I kicked a bit, back and forth, but I know I've put together a few stories in a row, and my mind needed a day to itself. I'm a few years off I think before I have the tools and tricks built into the daily practice. But I know which ones I'll be learning. And that sounds like a fine thing.

I didn't blow everything off. On the publishing side, I got the cover for the Foggy Dew novel roughed in. I may let it marinate; probably, I'll go with it. There's a balance, in my stage of things, where there's the bigger step of getting each step done, put it together and be done, and the need to do well at each step.

Where I'm working at the moment, on covers at least, the nuts and bolts of getting each step done, with the image I have in mind, is foremost, still. I have some refinement methods I'm learning, but for this one I think I'm comfortable with it.

Oh, I can spot the problems people more experienced than I might point to, in terms of genre, etc. And I understand where they're going with the argument. But when I've got the tools in my arsenal, and a few more covers under my belt, that'll be the point to address more refined elements. Besides, it's not like I'd be the only writer/publisher in the world to ever bring out a new edition of a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.