Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Busy busy...

Busy busy...

Laura, Beta, and now Delta. If you've ever wanted to know what it feels like to live in God's own bowling alley, well let me tell you it ain't all that and a bag of chips. Laura we dodged personally, but my extended family all got to explore the lovely value of the RV lifestyle.

And now they're all getting ready to do it all over again. I told one of my aunts, jokingly, that she might need to check out the real estate ads, and she sent me the laughing/crying emojis in response.

We're probably? out of the direct impact for Delta. Even tomorrow evening won't necessarily tell me whether we're cancelling some premade plans to drive up north this weekend. Oh boy a gut check.

The day gig's been even busier, if you can imagine. It's been one of those weeks where I had to stop thinking about word counts. It ain't happening.

I'm looking at the calendar, and wondering about my time. I've got a handful of short stories to write to make one of my goals, and to beat back that urge to have a bit of buffer for next year's.

I've got a work in progress, that doesn't quite know whether it wants to be a novella, or a novel. I had one of those days yesterday? (see, starting to lose track of my schedule... yep it was yesterday) where the story revealed itself to me. Ah-ha says I, so that's where you've been hiding.

And that's when I quit worrying about the fact that the day gig, the hurricane, and the truly ridiculous number of calls and text messages and emails I've been involved in this week sort of faded away.

Ok, I realized. No worries. This story's there, I'm cool. Deep breath, and the calendar's nowhere insurmountable. I've done the work to get here, the last little bit of the year is there for me to do what I need. Deep breath. It's ok.

All that said.

Look people, now look what we all did.

Gecko In Bird Feeder

We broke this gecko. He's living in a bird feeder, people. I guess we all need to think about what we've done to the poor thing.

That, or he knows something we don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.