Thursday, August 8, 2019

It's been a good couple of days for me. I've put in words on the current work in progress; given the schedule I anticipated, I ended up well more than I would have bet on. Set the small goals when you see the whirlpool ahead, and then when you're on the other side of it, downstream and drifting again, it all looks a bit better.

But then I look ahead and see another whirlpool. Which is about normal, I guess, for this funny old world.

I pass by comments and outrageousness and weird things. There's a hundred and one billion things that float up, it's a noisy old world these days. There are always significant things going on, but which ones?

Where I am at the moment: observe, feel the emotional response, and then store it away. Remember event and response, because they go together into tomorrow's story. Or maybe the one after that, who knows? Objectivity ain't in it, but then again... yeah.

One of the other things I'm up to is reading more. I've a few recent books that I need to talk about here. As a reminder to self, of both good books and good writers, and of what I picked up, learned from these works they've wrought.

Of course time has its judgment, so we'll see how soon "soon" is on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.