Thursday, August 15, 2019

I think I said before that my current story surprised me. By showing up sooner than I'd anticipated, mostly.

The broad idea I've had in my head for a few years now. So maybe this story was like a gumbo, or a roast, taking its time in a slow fire. Getting to just right.

Or I could be deluded. Writer's privilege either way.

And the story surprised me again today. I finished it, in one big long fell swoop. I knew the ending was coming up, and then once I started working on it, the real meat of the thing came into my head. And there was no stopping after that.

So that's done.

And then I said to myself, oh, there's on more line I need to add. And I went back to where I thought I should add that line.

Turns out, I needed to remove a line or two, not add. And then it really is finished. Edits and so on to go, but that's that.

Which is a good feeling, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.