Thursday, September 21, 2017

So close, so close.

So close I can taste it. One of the little hazards, I'm finding as I go along with this whole writing and publishing thing, is that 'almost-finished' point is momentous.

It has its own gravity.

When you're to the point where the copyedits look good, the formatting looks right... Backcopy yet to come, though. Little checks, here and there. Self awareness by accident, or by purpose.

The ultimate point is to try and catch the silly mistakes, as best I can. No process is perfect, but I can do my best. And make myself write notes down whenever I do something, so that I don't have to relearn it all over again next time.

That's a longwinded way of saying that I've ok'd all the formatting and copyedits on the next book, Book 3 in the Open Wounds series. I've a few more steps, short ones, but it'll be available soon enough.

Which will hopefully make me get going on adding a few more link pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.