Tuesday, September 12, 2017

One of those days where if I don't grab the time now, I won't end up
writing for the blog...

Not because of anything but life. There are always things going on, but
rehearsal, meet-the-teacher, and the various assortment of other things
going on are going to make it unlikely I'll write any later.

So, now. And naturally enough, somewhat brain-dead, which is why I don't
normally try this in the few minutes of down time before I head for the
car and the commute.

Having said that. I wonder about a part of the autonomous vehicles that
are clearly coming in from the future to the now. I'm not entirely sure
how or when, but certainly for my present commute, being able to 'step'
away from the wheel and work on something for that period would not be a
bad thing.

It's time I otherwise wouldn't get to just noodle away at problems.

But there's an intermediate step before 'completely drives itself' and
the deadstick setup we're in now. That's the point where I can reasonably
well discuss a problem with the car/cpu. In the manner of 'hey, what's the
mean flight speed of a fully laden swallow?' 'What, African or European?'

Let's face it, there are plenty of days where running a Monte Python skit
just by asking is the best possible thing a car could do for you on your
way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.