Thursday, September 7, 2017

A better day than yesterday, on multiple levels.

Well, at least tearing drywall is progress. I was pretty sure, before I
started ripping the drywall, how the water had invaded. Combine wicking and
exposure. I ripped enough drywall and insulation to confirm that's actually
what happened.

Then, I ripped some more. I know myself. Confirmation bias is a hole I'd
prefer to avoid under the circumstances.

Our daughter had a better day as well, she didn't come home from school and
rehearsal with a blinding headache, and she was in the marching rehearsal for
the whole session.

I'm sure you, dear reader, have similar days, up and down, good and bad. It's
the way our little world goes round. Something occurs to me, though.

Hurricanes are making their way through the Caribbean again, targeting the
islands. Irma's passed over the leeward islands and looks headed for Florida
as of this writing.

I'm gonna try and make sure I'm prepared to help out however I can, even if
it's just a donation to the Red Cross, or similar. The islands especially tend
to be forgotten when they get hammered by a storm, so I want to make sure I
remember them. We're all part of the family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.