Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Hole It Fell In

I had a completely different story in mind for this week's edition, dear reader.

But this one jumped me and refused to let go. Pre-October warmup, I guess. Super short, but that's also why the voices in the back of my head wouldn't let me do anything but get it down and get it out. And every time I tried to extend it I just screwed it up, so here we are. Please enjoy, and be careful not to step into...

The Hole It Fell In - a (short short) story by M. K. Dreysen

Hey, when's the last time you went to the bank?

No, not that one, the old bank, you know, old downtown?

Right, across from the post office, yeah, with the pink granite. You know how the doors are so hard to open? The spinner even, you gotta grunt a little...

They weren't always that way. It happened when they remodeled and replaced the old oak doors. Everything set to new and clean and level, so far as tools can measure.

Why the stiff doors though? Well, you know those big steps they added out front?

That's where they buried the pocket universe. The one Mister Grange made in high school lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.