Sunday, June 9, 2019

This is a reminder to self, a question to ask Slash if I ever get the chance.

Slash: have you ever considered annotating your pix and your mom's pix into a collection? I love imagining the stories. You get pictures, and your mom (I'm assuming, given what I've read from your autobiography about your mom, about the pix of say, Jimi Hendrix or Clapton and Dylan and Townshend and all the rest) took pictures of the music and entertainment industry, from a point of view that no one else in the world has.

Certainly not when you take into account the sheer breadth of time and people your and your mom's collection appears to cover. Your instagram is a treasure. Just by seeing these pix, I get glimpses of your world.

I just can't help thinking that, if you were interested in the project, a little detail on the photos as a collection would make some future historian's life. Call it your retirement gig, maybe, but I'd pay good money for the coffee table book you could build. Music, movies, all of it.

Hell, make it two volumes, the music world and the movie world. The behind the scenes pix from the movies it looks like your mom worked on would make, say, fans of The Shining drool, if I read those pictures correctly.

I also can't help thinking I'm not the only one who's ever asked you this, so please ignore this if it feels like I'm trying to obligate you to something. I'm just a fan and admirer who's fascinated by the stories your pictures hint at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.