Thursday, June 6, 2019

The way my wife describes Melissa Etheridge and KD Lang singing You Can Sleep ( here) is that their harmonies woke her from a dead sleep.

Mostly, it's just one of those perfect moments, for me. How they got the recording and the voices that clean... combination of the hall and the crew and the voices. They hit the harmonies and the song just about as perfectly as could be.

I get a kick out of watching Melissa. She's not ignoring KD... she's about as close to just closing her eyes and listening to the lady over her left shoulder as you can get, that's all.

Another one where you can hear Melissa's voice in harmony is with Jewel, singing Foolish Games.

These performances I've known about for years. But then today, my wife and I stumbled across Latifah and Melissa... singing The Chain. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.