Thursday, May 24, 2018

(scattering into the inner spaces)

Sink down, focus on the end of your nose. No, there; ok maybe not. Try it this way instead? Think in terms of logic and the change lost behind the couch cushion. The space that's always not there except when you find something that you hadn't even known you lost.

There, now you know what to think of. Problem being, what was it we were talking about in the first place? Not what happened yesterday, though I'll admit it was a bit wild to see Zach doing the chicken dance in front of Wilhemina like that. I wonder whether she wanted to call security or his boss.

What? Just because you think it's important doesn't mean I have to. Oh, really? What if it was your mother coming? Uh-huh, that's what I figured. Look, she's going to be here for a weekend, it's not like what happened when we got married.

No, I didn't ask her to stay again. Yes, she's got plans next week with Aunt Paula, they're meddling in ReAnne's wedding plans and aren't you glad you stayed out of that mess? See, she's got plenty of things to get her back on the road and out of our hair.

Besides, you're just talking about her because you don't want to talk about Roberta. Right, about that grade. I know you told her it wasn't a big deal, everyone has a bad couple weeks now and then, but come on. Now's the time when the admission committees start paying attention.

No, I'm not treating her like that, give me a little credit. I'm just making sure that we're keeping up with her, that's all. I don't want anything slipping between the cracks.

See what I did there? Ok, put down the frying pan, I'm just making a joke, come on.

I know, I know. How's about I make it up to you? Seems I had the chance to book our vacation trip...

(? Don't ask me, I'm still trying to figure out where this came from myself...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.