Wednesday, May 9, 2018

(a song of trouble and trial...)

So me and my girl
  lookin for a whirl
See a little froggy
  bumpin down the path

Dude, said I, which way to the Hop?

and he replied,

Just slide on over to the left
  and jump a little right
 Twist by the bar
  where you can get a little tight

Which set us on the path
 gave us a little light
Went by the place
 and spent all of the night

Just a slidin to the left
 and jumpin to the right
 Twistin by the bar
  and gettin more than tight

Came the day when my girl
 abjured me for a fool
Said I'd left the path of righteousness
 when I conjured up a rule

I don't understand her metaphysics
 I'll admit she's ahead of me
But I know when it all went down
 I just had to keep on...

Sliding away to the left
 and trippin on the right
Don't always get to the bar these days
 but when there I can get a little tight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.