Friday, November 4, 2022

Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts of a moment

***

A mob of egrets grazing the neighborhood yards is a joy. The decorations they leave on my little car, much less so.

This is one of those occasions that I hear the universe giggle.

***

I've seen so little discussion of the current political noise in reference to that which has gone before. We have few guides, granted, and each generation must learn these things, but we appear to be in a moment where those who know that certain noisemakers and their camp followers have predecessors in both movement and violence are not able to make signal. For every Tucker Carlson there's a G. Gordon Liddy, for every New Right there's a John Birch Society.

I understand why someone Biden's age isn't impressed. But those who should be able to support and teach aren't otherwise around to back him up. At least not vocally or with any kind of reach. Of economists and preachers we have plenty, but thoughtful political scientists can't seem to catch a break.

***

I have reason to think of the album this song opens, Straight on Til Morning by Blues Traveler. 25 years since its release; that year was a big one for me personally. The year I met the lady who's blessed my life since.

What's interesting looking back is that, at the time, if you'd given me a time capsule of later music by Blues Traveler, it's actually this one that my younger self would have told you was more appropriate.

I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Really, the universe giggles at us, and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.