Sunday, July 4, 2021

Had to cry today

though I didn't know why.

I find myself enjoying the reaction videos. First time listening to... videos are fun.

But the subgenre I've fallen into most often is the one where vocal coaches react to new to them voices. These fascinate me; I'm not really sure whether some of these coaches have never heard of the singers they're reacting to. But I do know that I enjoy seeing a pro vocalist analyze what someone like Geoff Tate is up to.

Reactions to Chris Cornell top my list here. Because seeing others discover Chris's instrument, what he drew from himself... here's The Charismatic Voice listening to Hunger Strike.

I still have those moments where I'm not sure I understand that Chris is gone. This fact looms too large, too painfully.

I've seen bits in search engine results that I've ignored until now. And then this morning I went ahead and listened to Toni Cornell sing Black.

and I'm grateful: Toni, thank you. No matter where your path takes you, that you're discovering your voice and your power and you've graced us with it like this is a joy and a wonder.

And now I think I'll take my tears and go watch the wheels continue to go 'round for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.