Thursday, May 13, 2021

Fair Warning (Reprise because of Blogger's formatting)

Normally, I have about as much patience with content labels as did Frank Zappa. That said, I find I need to make an exception here.

In the story immediately below, Saying Prayers, I tell a tale based, in part, on those who work the sex trade. Parts of their stories deal in turn, as best my poor skills can handle, with the interpersonal violence that is so unfortunately common in that world.

First, know this: if you need to, skip it.

Second, if you're struggling, there's someone out there who can help. I know trust is hard to come by, but when you're ready, look in odd places and you'll find someone there waiting.

Finally, for all of my dear readers: I'm always trying to get better as a writer. Some days I'm ok, some days I don't know what I did other than peck away at the keys. I can't, won't, ever promise anything but that I've done my best with the story of the moment. I wish only that you find something to take with you, from this story and those that follow. mkd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.