Wednesday, March 17, 2021

more than a little crazy, but it's an idea!

Since my brain threw this at me, I'm going to share it with you!

Ok, Hollywood, I love a good remake as much as the next moviegoer. But the next time someone's looking for a new project, can I propose a remake of Hudson Hawk with Tiffany Haddish and Queen Latifah in the Bruce Willis/Danny Aiello roles, respectively. Please?

Keep it just as silly and ridiculous as the first one. That's the magic bit. Get Ashton Kutcher to do the Richard Grant evil bad guy. Work your butts off to cast the Candy Bars. Beg someone like Henry Golding to do the Andie MacDowell part. Laurence Fishburne for James Coburn is so obvious I hesitate to even point it out.

Of course it's over the top and outrageous. That's kind of the point.

It's also poetry. The dialogue may be the hardest part, matching the way that crew went batshit crazy at the same time that they managed to land all those lines. I can't even imagine how you'd protect the writers/director while they're scripting.

Never mind, I'm probably crazy for even bringing it up. Still, can you imagine the soundtrack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.