Friday, November 13, 2020

a little note to self and readers 11/13/2020

This post is a little marker for myself as a writer. And ok, a tease for you my readers...

You see, a little more than 8 years ago, I sat down with a question in my mind. That question was, "What makes a haunted house haunted, anyway? How does it get that way?"

This little bit of poetry was the very first thing I wrote as I grappled with the question:

When Open Wounds Weep,

and Passing Fancies Dance;

A Train Tows the Line

to That Place Where

All Dreams go to Die.

I think I found my answer in Open Wounds, Passing Fancies, and A Train In Tow. To the "how did it get haunted?" question.

And in All Dreams, coming soon to this here space dear reader, I think I found at least *an* answer to some of the questions that follow. I know I had a hell of a lot of fun with every line of these books. I'm kind of excited to close the story (at least the "formal" arc of the story, anyway).

I hope you'll join me, dear reader, to find out how it all works out.

Oh, just one thing?

Don't forget your matches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.