Saturday, May 16, 2020

Stuff I've been enjoying:

In the way of mental housekeeping. I need to put up a few notes on books, videos, the other things that I've found that made me smile recently.

Mark Evanier has been running a series of chat videos the past couple of weeks. It's a bit of a ComicCon series in brief. As I understand it, Mark's working on something that will actually be ComicCon in pixels, so many of these videos are his way of practicing the tech to get that accomplished.

That's the purpose; the fun for me has been watching Mark spend time with Sergio Aragones on the one hand, and a whole crew of voice actors, including Secunda Wood, Phil LaMarr, and company (come for the lockdown procedures, stay for the Goldilocks and the 3 Bears rendition of a thousand voices...).

Mark's had other videos up, those two were just the ones I've had the time to sit and watch. And giggle. There's a lot to be fascinated over; I had one of those lightbulb moments when Mark had the voices crew actively switch characterizations/voices in the middle of the read. That made me think about flexibility and reaction, that one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.