Monday, September 16, 2019

a week slipt past me; this is that time of year, so I won't dwell on it.

The heat's dwelling enough as it is. A guest staying, making itself comfortable, that's the heat. I wouldn't mind necessarily. Except for the part where it looks like we're about to get one of those reminders that September's our worst month for storms. A low lingers south of my own self; the weather crews are whispering their warnings.

Rain's coming. Days of it, it's moving in off the gulf, and it's coming in that slow, driving way. The one that whispers of storms past. Harvey, Allison, the ones that came to stay and didn't mind sending lots of water in from the south.

I think now of October again. The first cold front. I wonder if this year is one where October needs a little help. A little ritual for crossing the void.

Dear reader... I may have a few stories that could help.

Not ghost stories this year. I look at what I've wrought, and what comes to mind here is... betrayal.

Strong word, that. One of the haunting ones, too. I see stories, new ones, of Gina's Hunters. Of the Queen of Night and Shadow. Of a grand battle that turns on plasma and blasters and the one person behind a console who'd never thought she would have a chance.

Of documents forged and set in a delicate place, only... well you'll have to wait for that one. Another, of an owner who's misplaced her sense of the other. One of professors and the studies they admit not.

There are others, too. A ghost story, just because. And, for a taste of something different, someone calling himself the Luck Man.

All in all, when it comes in, warm or cool, I will be ready to greet October this year. And maybe give that wonderful month a helping hand crossing the ways.

(In the meantime, check out my book links, over to the right, or ... ok so I don't have a link page yet for all of them. If you're on a tablet or phone or otherwise, try these links for my books: ny Open Wounds Series, Through the Foggy Dew, The Boyar's Curse, or Automorphs.

And I will make sure I get a complete page put together for those stories by the end of the month...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.