Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Still playing, still pushing the words on "Opening Bid", as you can see below
with part 3 now up.

If you're keeping score, my word goals are about 1000 daily, right now.
Part of that's just ramping up in the new year; part of that's being a little
unsure of schedule at the moment.

I've gone through what I'd call a phase transition in the latter part of
2017. Basically, from what I glean reading other writer blogs, I'm in the
middle of one of those occasional transitions where I'm figuring out how my
mind wants to work at the moment, to keep playing and having fun while I'm
doing it. And, in the mundane sense, making sure I don't wreck my wrists
doing it.

I write a fair amount during the day job, between programming and the
non-fiction writing part of that gig, so I'm a little leary of how I approach
my daily word count. One of my goals at the moment is getting up to 2000/day,
consistently. If you read far enough back in my posts, you'll see I've spent
some time working through this part of writing.

That's the nuts and bolts part of the thing.

What you're really after is what's gonna happen to Ernie? And why does she
want Leon involved in this?

I don't know. Not yet. You and me, (looks around), let's us find out together,
why don't we?

But. I think Ernie's no pushover. I'm coming to respect and like the guy a
great deal. He's got a tough road ahead of him, though. I hope he's got what
it takes to make it through to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.