Sunday, June 3, 2018

I don't have my weekend schedule lined out quite yet. I get the fiction words in just fine at the moment, today and yesterday, but then I get to the blog portion of the proceedings and find myself wondering just what on earth I'm supposed to be doing.

The daily story thing helps when I'm in the middle of one. Then, there's no thought it's just a sit down and write it from where I left off. Tonight I'm not in the middle of anything like that so I have a chance to think about it. And immediately run into my own mind acting like a teenager, "but there's nothing to write about" when I've got a thousand different trains of thought running through my head.

There's a discipline to the daily grind. The fiction part of the writing, well that's an easy (-er) discipline to follow when I'm in the middle of a story. Again, just sit down with the next line and let it go.

Starting a story, or if I'm between stories, and inertia gets harder to overcome on the weekends.

I know that's all still part of the learning process. Both learn the first time for some things, and then learn how to call it back up again when I forget it. I can see around the edges when I read about how the writers farther down the path view their travels and travails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.