Sunday, June 17, 2018

And corollary to a trip out of town, as soon as I got back we ran off to see my dad for Father's Day. So, a busy week away from the keyboard.

I am glad I finished Peace Offer, the timing ended up being perfect to have a nice break and rest my wrists etc. Plus clearing the mind a bit for things away from the world being built.

That one's going to be interesting. I'm not sure it's a classic series open, but it is a view on a world that I had not yet visisted. That's another way of saying that the ending surprised me, leaving the story in a good place but with a clear path forward when I'm ready to catch up to the characters again.

I've a few short stories ahead of me in the next couple of weeks. I tripped over a voice or two on the road home, the radio singing in my ears.

There's this John Prine song calling to me for some reason. I don't have a clue what for, but the siren's wail is there and I've learned to trust she'll have something interesting to show me if I follow the whispers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.