Saturday, August 3, 2019

And my third job begins in earnest today.

Third job, if you haven't seen me discuss it, in this case refers to our daughter's marching band season. First job the day gig, second job writing, third job band season.

So, as for the past two years, my hours are starting to get slim. The writing part, the fiction writing, I'm comfortable I've a handle on. The past two years have been a lot more productive on that front than I'd feared.

The blog part on the other hand, and the publishing part, are the ones I know will end up being chaotic. Mostly, I know that's on me to figure out the fifteen minutes here, ten minutes there. They add up, those little pieces, ten minutes to do some edits, or write a letter to an editor, put together a submission, this that and the other thing that go into the side of things others see.

Frankly, I've fallen behind on that front. I've a queue of finished work; that said, they're waiting for me as I get there.

The current work in progress, well. That's a book I didn't expect to write; no. I've known for most of the past six years or so that this book has been waiting for me.

I just didn't quite have it in my head, yet. Except, now that I think about it, I'd sketched out roadmap, and would you know it, this book is coming in right about where that roadmap said it would.

I finished the previous book I was working on sometime in June. Wrote a few shorter stories, and then a couple weeks ago, I realized it was time. Sat down, put in a title, and off I've gone. When I sit down, the words come.

Which is one hell of a feeling.

I'm one project at a time at the moment though; I have another roadmap in my head, so there are other projects in that map, but for right this moment, it's the story that's my writing world. A few more weeks, I think, and then we'll see where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.