Sunday, April 21, 2019

I realized this weekend I'm in one of those odd places physically.

Short description: like many, I took a good hard look at my current health level, got a little tired of being tired etc, and decided to do something about it. Timing being ever an issue, I've got 4 days a week in this part of the calendar to exercise.

I've been happy with my pace, and what I can do, I concentrate now on swimming, walking/running, and biking, to build up cardio and stamina. I've a fair few years of self to work away.

I'm happy with the way things have been going; even if I do feel like I'm relearning swimming, especially. Building up running laps, or pace on the bike, laps in the pool, all at a pace I've been quite proud of.

This past week and weekend was the first in the past few that I hit one of 'those' weeks, where it was easy to talk myself out of going in and doing my daily gym trip. Two days out of 4, so it wasn't outrageous, but I paid for it today.

I felt like I was dragging my ass somewhere down around my ankles. Lethargic, rather than tired, and generally just downspirited. Where most Sundays I'm just tired because I usually end up doing both a trip to the gym and then the rest of the day house and yardwork. We had a visitor this morning that put me out of being able to go in and get on the bike. So, understandable.

It's a learning experience; I know that I won't be able to have a 'perfect' schedule, life's out there and has its demands. So I guess I need to recognize the feeling, and expect it.

And not beat myself up over it.

One encouraging thing is that the feeling tells me the exercise has been doing me a ton of good, in terms of how my body and mind respond to the work.

Writing helped a great deal with the mental listlessness. Sitting down this evening, I put in a little more than a thousand words. It felt glorious.

Putting in a blog post was somewhat harder. I couldn't for the life of me think of anything else to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it on the sane side. There are an awful lot of places on the internet for discussions of politics, money, sex, religion, etc. etc. et bloody cetera. In this time and place, let us talk about something else, and politely, please.